Identity Theft Manifesto just launched a fundraising campaign. Please visit my campaign at www.IndiGoGo.com . If you cannot make a monetary contribution, please share this website with people you know, share my campaign page with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers, email it to your contacts. The more activity there is around this campaign, the better chances we have of getting to the front featured page. Thank you so much!
Identity Theft Manifesto was a result of my own experience with Identity Theft. At first, it started out as my personal blog, but then, it became way more than just my personal blog-it became a great resource for a lot of people interested in learning about Identity Theft, Identity Theft Prevention and related crimes.
Identity Theft Manifesto delivers a lot of great well-researched information about identity theft in a very unique, fun, entertaining way. When I became a victim of identity theft, I found resources, but they were so dry and stuffy that they just could not keep my attention for a very long time.
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
There are a lot of people who are still pretty ignorant about Identity Theft.
Identity Theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States. Online Identity Theft grew by 200% since the beginning of 2012 with no signs of slowing down.
A lot of people have the attitude as if it would never happen to them. And I really do hope that it never will! However, looking at the statistics, it is not a matter of IF it will happen to you, it is a matter of WHEN it will happen.
And I’ve heard some people say that, since they have really bad credit histories, identity thieves would not want them. It is important to remember that Identity Theft is a non-discriminatory crime. And yes, your Identity is more desirable when your credit history is great, but Identity Theft is so much more than someone opening a new credit card account in your name. Your child could be a victim and you would not even know it until it is too late. Your information could be used to get medical treatment; tax refund fraud is skyrocketing!
The key to the Identity Theft prevention is knowledge; and this is the ultimate goal of Identity Theft Manifesto-to reach more people and bring knowledge and awareness to them in a very engaging, interesting and entertaining way.
WHAT WE NEED
In order for Identity Theft Manifesto to get to the next level, we need help! And by “we”, I mean me, myself and Identity Theft Manifesto. Here is what I am hoping to raise funds for:
- Bring on board (or collaborate with) a couple of creative professionals, who will be able to help me to develop better educational video series about Identity Theft and related crimes. Better scripts, better video quality, better lighting and sound, better research, etc.
- Hire great writers/contributors to produce rock-solid written content.
- Market and promote Identity Theft Manifesto via various channels.
- Become the biggest online Identity Theft related magazine.
- Rebuild and Rebrand the website, make it faster and lighter.
I am setting this fundraising goal at $5000.00; however, it will barely cover anything. But I do believe it could be a great start.
WHAT YOU GET
As a thank you I have various gifts and rewards, including
- Hard copy of my booklet “110 Identity Theft Prevention Tips”.
- LifeLock FREE 1-year Identity Theft Protection membership.
- Helpful tips and resources.
- I will personally draw your portrait. Yes, I am not too bad!
- I am willing to part ways with my original drawing.
- And more!
If you are a business, you have some great perks as well! Your business must be somehow related to identity theft, malware, scams, finance, etc. Please contact me to discuss.
- Get a link to your website from Identity Theft Manifesto
- Get your ad seen by many for full 12 months without sharing/rotating ad space with other ads.
- Sponsor a video… or two.
If you have any other ideas, please do not hesitate to present them to me.
HOW ELSE YOU CAN HELP
Spread the word! Visit www.identitytheftmanifesto.com. Like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter. Share this campaign with your friends and family on your Facebook profile, Twit it, email it to your contacts. Whatever you can do, please help!
By supporting this project, you are potentially supporting millions of unaware consumers by creating awareness and interest in learning about Identity Theft and related crimes. Thank you very much!